Can Testosterone Therapy Help You?
As both men and women age, our testosterone levels decline. They typically decline about one percent a year after the age of 30. For some people, the decline is more significant and may cause symptoms. These symptoms may include:
• Decreased sexual drive and function, for men the ability to get and maintain erections
• Decreased energy and vitality
• Increased body fat, reduced muscle bulk and strength, and decreased bone density
• Insomnia or other sleep disturbances
• A decrease in motivation or self-confidence. You may feel sad or depressed, or have trouble concentrating or
Below is a quiz to help determine if you might have low testosterone
Do you have fatigue?
Do you have lack of drive?
Do you lack initiative?
Are you less assertive?
Do you have a decline in your sense of well-being?
Do you have depressed moods?
Are you frequently irritable?
Has your self-confidence declined?
Do you have a difficult time making decisions?
Have you had a decline in your mental sharpness?
Has your stamina and endurance lessened?
Have you lost muscle mass, strength, or tone?
Have you gained body fat around your waist?
Total Score <3 – unlikely you have low testosterone
4-10 Low testosterone is possible
>10 – Low testosterone is very likely
How does Dr. Posmantur determine if you have low testosterone? A blood test of your total and free testosterone is the most accurate and reliable way to determine this. If your values are low, a trial of testosterone therapy makes sense to see if it improves your symptoms and overall well-being.
Book an Appointment with Dr. Rick Posmantur