Chinese medicine–a health care system used and proven for over 3,000 years.
Chinese medicine is an ancient and comprehensive system of healing that uses acupuncture, Chinese herbs, dietary advice, and specific exercise. Chinese medicine considers health a balanced state of being that relates to both our physical and emotional well-being. Chinese diagnosis evaluates particular dis-harmonies of energy systems in our bodies. There are specific pathways through which energy flows in our bodies, and these pathways relate to certain organ systems. Acupuncture is a means for stimulating and altering the flow of energy through these pathways. Needles, physical pressure, or heat may be used to stimulate the acupuncture points. Treatments are not painful, and many people find them very relaxing. Most insurance plans cover our acupuncture treatments.
What problems can acupuncture help me with?
- Musculoskeletal pain, back and joint pain, arthritis, sciatica. Dr. Posmantur often combines spinal manipulation with acupuncture for faster recovery from injury or chronic pain.
- Neurological complaints, migraine headaches, neuralgia, post-stroke recovery
- Digestive complaints, constipation, diarrhea, uncomplicated ulcers
- Women's Health Issues–PMS, menstrual problems, infertility, IVF, multiple miscarriages,
breastfeeding problems-low milk suppy
- Emotional health – depression, anxiety, insomnia, seasonal affective disorder
- Quitting smoking and other addiction support
- Weight Loss